• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor Crystal 8045 hydraulic problem

damiench

Level 2
First name
damo
I have recently bought a zetor 8045 with a seized motor i have got it running but the hydraulics and 3pl will not work none of the levers do anything gearbox is full of oil is that where it gets it oil from ?
Suggestions of what to check next
Also the steering box is leaking oil out of the top can you replace the seal from the top or have to pull the steering box apart

I have recently bought a zetor 8045 with a seized motor i have got it running but the hydraulics and 3pl will not work none of the levers do anything gearbox is full of oil is that where it gets it oil from ?
Suggestions of what to check next
Also the steering box is leaking oil out of the top can you replace the seal from the top or have to pull the steering box apart

Yes the oil from the gearbox is used for hydraulics, if the hydraulics aren`t working I would start to see if the lift pump is working, if it is then there could a problem with the linkage in the back end then it could be in what's called the black box. If the 3pl not working try open the big nut where the return coupling is, put in a long screwdriver and hit the screw head inside and see will the arms raise , if doesn`t work then the rubber rings on lift cylinder under the lift cover are worn . so you will have take off the lift cover to check linkage for both 3pl and hyds.

when you say steering box do you mean the steering unit under the radiator?

To check the hydraulic pump is working ok before you go trying anything else. Shift the hydraulic levers in the cab all the way forward or all the way back you should hear the hydraulics humming at least then you will know if the pump is working.

Thanks for reply how is best to check the lift pump .
Yes the steering box under the radiator it leaking out the top of sector shaft seal .

There was no noise couldnt hear anything trying to work the lever on the left hand side of gearbox is all the way forward

Thanks for reply how is best to check the lift pump .
Yes the steering box under the radiator it leaking out the top of sector shaft seal .

If you hear it humming at least you will know its going, but you can get a pressure clock and plug it into one of the couplings on the back. No pressure will show on the clock If the pump isn`t working though

As for the steering unit yes it has be taking apart to put seals in it. One I had before I brought it to a garage to recondition it, but I have a parts book for it now. Its in 2 sections

There was no noise couldnt hear anything trying to work the lever on the left hand side of gearbox is all the way forward

The levers for the hydraulics is on your right hand side as you sit

There is no humming no noise when operating levers in any position

Well then check the pump is not turned off, there is a handle on the pump on left side of the bell housing. make sure the handle is not pointing at 0

Just to double check you have pushed the lever for hydraulics which on your right and closes to the seat, slide it all the way back towards the window and hold there to engage, now you should be able to hear the pump humming and also the engine will sound under pressure. you also see the hyd couplings vibrate on the back.

I have recently bought a zetor 8045 with a seized motor i have got it running but the hydraulics and 3pl will not work none of the levers do anything apart

There is a flow control knob under the seat make sure it is not wound into the last it will stop the arm lifting.

I have also found the pto will not turn either . Is that driven the same as the hydraulic pump ? Does the hand brake on the right hand side have anything to do with it ? the small lever at my right foot seems to clunk/grind so something is moving in there either way it doesnt seem to spin anything is there a hand cluch that could stop it

I have also found the pto will not turn either . Is that driven the same as the hydraulic pump ? Does the hand brake on the right hand side have anything to do with it ? the small lever at my right foot seems to clunk/grind so something is moving in there either way it doesnt seem to spin anything is there a hand cluch that could stop it

No the hand brake is only for the brakes, there is no hand clutch on a 8045. the PTO is no worked by the hydraulic pump. there is a lever on the floor near the hand brake that will put the PTO in neutral , putting that in to gear when the engine is off could be why the PTO not working

I had the engine running the pto still didnt work

You need to check to see is hi/lo working too, there is a pump that works the PTO and the splitter in the bell housing that works both
Be sure there lever on the dashboard is working ok for turning on the PTO, so many times they are sized

Thanks pto working once i put it in either high or low feel a bit silly about yhat one . Still dont seem to have hydraulic pressure. removed pressure line comes out L/H side next to lever and goes to front end loader controls has no pressure a bit of oil not pumping not even air pulled cartridge filter off l/h side had a bit of oil not lots gearbox has oil to just above 2nd notch on dip stick . Tractor had been sitting for over 2 years before i bought it would i need to bleed the pump and how best would i . But it doesnt seem to make any bad noises ?

Never had to bleed pump but to do this you need to raise up the back of the tractor so the oil runs to the pump and work the lever, but you should hear the tractor engine sound under pressure if you engage the hydraulics without any thing plugged into it. If you have a loader on it pull out the pipe on the back going to the valve chest or you won't hear if it humming or not.

Thanks pto working once i put it in either high or low feel a bit silly about yhat one . Still dont seem to have hydraulic pressure. removed pressure line comes out L/H side next to lever and goes to front end loader controls has no pressure a bit of oil not pumping not even air pulled cartridge filter off l/h side had a bit of oil not lots gearbox has oil to just above 2nd notch on dip stick . Tractor had been sitting for over 2 years before i bought it would i need to bleed the pump and how best would i . But it doesnt seem to make any bad noises ?

Unless the pump is stuck it sounds like you be replacing the hydraulic pump

It is looking that way the pressure line sraight out of pump i removed and it had nothing . Can you remove the pump out the side cover or do you have to stlit or remove something to get to it i might pull it out and have a look through it if it is not to hard to remove ? Thankyou for your info and help it is very much appreciated

It is looking that way the pressure line sraight out of pump i removed and it had nothing . Can you remove the pump out the side cover or do you have to stlit or remove something to get to it i might pull it out and have a look through it if it is not to hard to remove ? Thankyou for your info and help it is very much appreciated

Yes the pump will come out of the side of the tractor at the bell housing, you need to raise up the front wheels high or up a ramp so you don't have to drain the oil, remove the plate open the bolts and pry off the pump off the shaft , put a drum under the hole in the bell housing as there will some oil still come out and then you'll be able to wiggle the pump out.

There is No trouble answering questions on your tractor that is my favourite subject Zetor Crystals. I did so much work on them in the past chopping and changing them, it all stopped when we changed to Forterra sort of miss it.

I have the parts number the pump if you need it. What part of the world are you in?

Im in Australia lovely weather here over 40 degrees here the last 5 days not much fun.
This is my first zetor got it not running stripped and put back together the engine it runs well now . havent played much with tractors i work with trucks .

Im in Australia lovely weather here over 40 degrees here the last 5 days not much fun.
This is my first zetor got it not running stripped and put back together the engine it runs well now . havent played much with tractors i work with trucks .

Wow down under 40c bit hot ok, 8c in Ireland today. Well fair play on getting it going again and working on your first Zetor easy enough tractors to work on. I bought my first Zetor 8045 in 1992 and since then I`d always owned Zetor and now I`m on my fourteen, a new 140 HSX, and We had about 25 Zetors on the home farm I worked on nearly all of them so if you want any advice ask away

Did you try see is the four wheel drive working? and how are the brakes?

Not sure if 4wd is working cable seized that operates it i think the one on the left that goes down to the valve. How is best to check it ? Does that cable valve thing have to engage it ? The brakes seem to work i rekitted both the master cylenders they were leaking .

Not sure if 4wd is working cable seized that operates it i think the one on the left that goes down to the valve. How is best to check it ? Does that cable valve thing have to engage it ? The brakes seem to work i rekitted both the master cylenders they were leaking .

Yes the cable that works the 4wd can be either behind the driver seat on the left hand side on the floor near the back window or a knob under the driver seat, it's not always in the same place. but if the cable is seized inside you can only test it by cutting it near the valve and pull the inner wire by a vice grips down at the valve.
If you can pull out the wire by 25mm it should be in 4wd, then if you drive on loose ground and let out the clutch a bit quick the front wheels should spin.
To fix the cable try put wd40 around the top .

If you need to buy a new cable the inner wire needs to be soldered into the lock nut that's on the valve when you open it you will see the way it's done

What age is your 8045? My first one was from 1978 and the steering was very heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back