• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question AgriPower 7000 - Compressor won't shut off

jrd

Level 1
First name
jrd
I have a Agri-Power 7000 4x4 with only 1100 hrs on it. Low hours due to the neighbor bought it new then passed away. It sat in the shed until I bought it 3 years ago.
The problem is the air compressor runs all the time, and I can't shut it off. I suspect there is a problem inside with the controls. The one lever raises to allow the other lever to disconnect, however it won't release. I have the manual and carefully followed the instructions to release it.
Will the compressor fail and cause damage to the engine?
Does anyone know of a "quick fix" for this problem?
TIA for any helpful info.

Will the compressor fail and cause damage to the engine?
No, its designed to run all the time. It costs a litle bit more fuel consumption, but thats all.

Does anyone know of a "quick fix" for this problem?
No, If it realy doesnt work then you hav to open the compressor or in worst case to demont the front axle, open the front of your motor and demont the fuel injection pump to mount new parts for.

No, its designed to run all the time. It costs a litle bit more fuel consumption, but thats all.
Thats only if there is a shutoff valve that throws the compressor outlet to ambient air when the tank is full. When theres no air tank, this shutoff valve isnt mounted either. If you leave it pushing against the blindcap where you can attach a tire filling hose, damage to the key in the compressor shaft can happen which puts the injection pump off timing.

In Holland they didnt have air brakes as standard, so no tanks and no shutoff valve fitted. Then this problem could occur..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back